Sunday, April 22, 2012

Good weekend of biking!

I had a very good weekend on the biking front. The weather (as usual) has been great. Saturday morning I went out with my biking buddy, Kathleen, and rode up Look Out Mountain to Buffalo Bill's grave. This is a hill just outside Golden that is about 5 miles straight up, with an average of over a 6 degree slope. (Photo above is looking down on Golden from top) Fairly short, but a very good workout with great views at the end! Later in the day, Lindsey and I did the usual loop around Cherry Creek reservoir, so I got in about 35 miles yesterday.


Today, I rode from home, down the South Platte bike trail to Chatfield Reservoir, then up Deer Creek Canyon (the ride I did a week or so ago that is about 10 miles straight up). Then back home for a total ride of about 70 miles. Pretty tired, but I handled it pretty well. This is encouraging, as this is something like a typical Ride the Rockies Day (Light). A bit shorter than most of the rides, and they will probably most have more uphill, but not that far off, so the fact I was back home by 12:30 and in good shape was encouraging.


This week I am heading off to an antique show in Chicago and plan to take my bike with me. Looks like I can do a good ride in Lincoln, NE, which is my first stop. Then I should be able to do at least some biking along the lake in Chicago. Have to keep it up! Just over a month to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment