Saturday, March 10, 2012

First week

The first week of training went well. Good weather and a total of 90 miles. The suggested training from the Ride the Rockies folk said to have done 50 miles this week, so ahead of schedule. Of course, there will be hiccups coming up (trips etc) so I need to try to keep ahead.

Thought there are only the faintest signs of spring coming, I am beginning to see signs of wildlife. Saw some deer this week and this morning an otter (beaver?) in Cherry Creek. Also, the prairie dogs are starting to show themselves.

With time leaping forward this weekend, it will be hard to go out as early and it still is quite cold in the morning (in the 30s when I start out), but with the solid sunny weather next week, I should be able to keep up the good work! My only worry is still my wind, which I'll have to work on when I can start working out up in the mountains...

No comments:

Post a Comment