Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Two weeks plus...

Start of my third week in training and got a nice, but cold and very windy ride in this morning: when I left it was 32 degrees. Too cold for the prairie dogs to be out, but did get to see a deer herd in the Cherry Creek State Park, along with a very handsome coyote who trotted across my path.

Last week and today was definitely windy, which is the thing I hate most when biking. Even a very steep hill promises the downhill side, but wind just works against you. However, it is good for my training, I guess.

Last week got in some nice days, including in the warm afternoons. Went exploring one day to up my ride to 30 miles (did 80 miles for the week), which was fun. Well ahead of the schedule so far, but with various trips coming up, it will be harder to stay ahead. Last weekend was in Philly, but managed to get an hour & half on an exercise bike, so that was good.

I haven't got up to altitude yet (or at least higher than Denver's 5280'), but it has been fairly warm so the Summit County bike path might be clear soon. I am feeling good about my muscles for the ride, but still apprehensive about my wind...

No comments:

Post a Comment