Monday, March 5, 2012

March 3-4


Friends in from out of town and we all went up to Summit County, so no biking (the roads and bike paths are still mostly snow covered), but we get out and do some cross-country skiing. Different muscles, but I think my problem on this ride will not be muscles so much as my breathing. The one time I tried to do the 17 mile loop around Lake Dillon, climbing Swam Mountain Road, I thought I was going to die! My legs felt great, but I just couldn’t get any breath. So, I did some “sprinting” (a rather generous terms for the speed I managed) on the skis and really felt it in my breathing. At least a start! Then the next morning another round of x-country skiing. My wind still sucked (in all senses), but at least two days of earnest training!

No comments:

Post a Comment